When you hear the term Porsche, you immediately think of a high-performance vehicle with outstanding design. Because Porsche is one of the best sports cars on the market, and it’s set the standard very high for its competitors. However, even a car as elegant as a Porsche can suffer from the same issues as other automobiles. One of these is a failure of the air-oil separator, which is positioned in the engine’s back corner on the upper right-hand side.
An air-oil separator’s primary duty is to separate the oil from the air that enters your car’s engine. Because a combination of these two components can cause your Porsche’s air-oil ratio to change, resulting in an exhaust system failure. Additionally, the overall performance of your engine may also be affected.
All of these issues can have a significant impact on the overall performance of your Porsche. That’s why it’s critical to get your automobile inspected by a Porsche professional as soon as possible to avoid any long-term damage.
Warning Signs of an Air-Oil Separator Failure
The following are some of the most obvious signs that your car is trying to tell you that the air-oil separator is failing and it’s time you have it inspected:
- Excessive Smoke: This is one of the most evident symptoms that an air-oil separator has failed. You may see a lot of dark smoke is coming from the engine compartment of your car. This occurs when the oil and air are not adequately separated, resulting in a mixed exhaust system. As a result, removing the air-oil cap may also become challenging. If this happens, bring your Porsche in for a diagnostic test without any delay.
- Check Engine Light: This is also one of the most prevalent symptoms of an air-oil separator system that isn’t working correctly. Though the check engine light might come on for a variety of reasons, it is in your best interest to inspect the engine and detect the matter immediately.
- Poor Engine Performance: Porsches are built to deliver a smooth ride regardless of the road conditions. Be concerned if you detect a noticeable change in your car’s performance, as this may be due to a faulty air-oil separator system.
- Presence Of Oil Leaks: Another apparent symptom of an air-oil separator failure is the presence of oil stains below your car. Though this can happen for a number of reasons, as an air-oil separator failure may also be one of them.
- Whistling Sounds: Your Porsche’s engine may also begin to make strange whistling or high-pitched sounds. High vacuum levels on the inside of the engine can cause this to happen.
How to Avoid an Air-Oil Separator Failure
The most straightforward approach to avoid problems like these in your Porsche is to keep a close eye on the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule. This information is freely accessible in your Porsche’s owner’s manual, and you can read it anytime you need to refer to it. However, if you still have an air-oil separator failure, you should seek emergency assistance from a Porsche expert who can help you diagnose the damage and repair it quickly.
European Motor Works is Always Here for You
Every Porsche owner’s dream is to have access to an auto shop that is experienced in dealing with Porsche issues. That is precisely what European Motor Works has to offer, since we possess all of the necessary expertise, tools, and knowledge to identify and repair a wide range of European makes and models.
Our 2-year/24,000-mile warranty gives you a sense of peace that your vehicle is in good hands. We’re based in San Francisco, CA, and we’re always ready to assist you in getting back on the road. Thanks to their years of experience and understanding of modern tools and equipment, our professional and certified mechanics will assist you in determining the problem your Porsche is experiencing.
We provide a variety of services in addition to repairs, such as oil changes, brake repair, engine, and gearbox repair. If you don’t see the service you’re looking for on our list, please give us a call or come into our shop to make an appointment. We look forward to meeting you and providing you with the excellent Porsche services and solutions.